Microsoft Office mungkin menjadi populer disaat ini. Aplikasi perkantoran yang dikembangan oleh Microsoft ini begitu banyak yang menggunakannya. Bukan hal baru lagi, bahwa aplikasi ini bisa ditemukan di rumah, sekolah, warnet, dan perkantoran. Sayangnya jika ingin aplikasi ini tidak gratis. User tentunya harus membeli. Kenyataan yang saya lihat, banyak yang menggunakan yang bajakan. Tentunya ini melanggar UU tentang hak cipta. Bisa didenda atau dipenjara.
Solusi terbaik adalah menggunakan Office Suite yang benar-benar 'aman', berikut ini pilihan yang bisa digunakan untuk keperluan sehari-hari.
1. Google Docs – This is probably the most heard of Office competitor that most people already know about. Google Docs is completely online and includes a web-based Word Processor, Spreadsheet application, and a Presentation app. More on Google Docs features (incl. introduction video).
2. Zoho – Zoho is probably the best online office productivity suite with not only word processor, spreadsheet and presentation apps, but also includes online project management, CRM solutions, web conferencing, online database with reports, online planner, group chat, wiki, and lots more. It also includes a plug-in for MS Office so you can work both online or offline. Learn more about Zoho.
3.Thinkfree – Thinkfree claims to have the best integration with Microsoft Office. Also, the interface for each app is very similar to MS Office including the toolbars, icons, and functions. Thinkfree also has advanced collaboration features such that users can share, edit, and contribute their ideas remotely. More on Thinkfree (incl. video demos and screenshot).
4.StarOffice – StarOffice is from Sun Microsystems and has recently been released under the Google Pack as a free download. StarOffice runs on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems. You’ll have to download OpenOffice if you want it for the Mac.
5. IBM Lotus Symphony – IBM Lotus Symphony is a direct competitor to the Microsoft Office suite because it is also a desktop application aimed at individuals and businesses. The suite consists of Symphony Documents, Symphony Presentations, and Symphony Spreadsheets. I wrote about it before, so if interested check out my IBM Symphony review.
6. OpenOffice – OpenOffice is a multi-platform (Win, Mac, Linux) and multi-lingual office suite which is compatible with all major office suites (i.e. Microsoft Office). It includes Writer (word processing), Impress (presentation), Math, Draw, Calc (spreadsheet), and Base applications. IBM Lotus Symphony and StarOffice are both based on the code from OpenOffice.
7. Kingsoft Offilce - Kingsoft Office 2009 is a full-featured office productivity suite which includes Kingsoft Writer, Kingsoft Presentation, and Kingsoft Spreadsheets which are the three basic but essential applications to help you easily create professional documents without retraining process. With its innovative applications, Kingsoft Office is the best alternative to Microsoft Office and it offers quality features at an affordable price.
8. LibreOffice - LibreOffice is the power-packed free, libre and open source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and GNU/Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. Support and documentation is free from our large, dedicated community of users, contributors and developers. You, too, can get involved!